Sunday, August 21, 2011
Why does he shoot what he does?
What sets his work apart from other photographic artists?
His work has the ability to be talked about from multiple perspectives.
It upsets people, which in turn opens up discussion.
It is involved with an 'experience' for the participants, a lot talk about the feeling of 'freedom'
Levelling of status
Hook, gets people to look
Different cultural meanings and readings
Other artists with similar themes or work:
Posted by Steve W at 7:31 PM
Sunday, August 14, 2011
1. Open all three images
2. Create a new document (File>New)
3. Make document 3000 x 2000 pixels (change from cm to pixels)
4. Using a suitable technique cut out the 3 elements from the images and drag onto new document (lasso, polygon lasso, layer mask etc)
5. Resize images on page (edit>free transform)
Posted by Steve W at 7:10 PM
1. Create layers and change to overlay type
2. Using colour and brush settings paint in colours to suit
3. change opacity and brush settings to get feel right
4. Not looking for photo real colour, but more like hand coloured TV or film
5. Look up hand coloured TV and film images to get the right feel
Posted by Steve W at 7:08 PM
Save for web
1. open image in photoshop
2. Change to B&W (image>adjustments>B&W
3. Tweak colours to make a more contrasty image (yellows and greens)
4. Resize image to 600 pixels wide
5. Sharpen image (filters>sharpen>smart sharpen) keep below 100, radius under 1
6. Save for web (file>save for web & devices) select JPEG, tweak quality to keep file under 90kb
Posted by Steve W at 7:05 PM
1. Tweak photo to look good
2. Select car body using magic wand tool, adjust tolerance setting to suit
3. Click on Quick Mask (under colour on toolbar)
4. using black & white paint in or out to refine selection
5. Click on Quick Mask to bring back selection
6. Click on Adjustment layer (on layer panel) select hue/saturation
7. Play with hue slider to change colour, your choice of colour
Posted by Steve W at 6:59 PM